This November, I will cruise the Danube River from Vienna to Nuremberg with AmaWaterways. I’ll begin my adventure in Budapest to explore the grand buildings and Buda Castle. There will be a soak or two in Budapest’s famous thermal baths. A short direct train will bring me to Vienna where I’ll start my 7-night cruise aboard the 162-passenger AmaSerena.
- AmaWaterways is a family owned boutique river cruise company offering high-touch personal service. These features appeal to my clients.
- Most ships in Ama’s fleet accommodate fewer passengers than their competitors which allows for spacious public spaces. The guest-to-staff ratios are higher.
- The twin balcony stateroom is a unique design, providing space and light.
- It’s easy to stay active with a swimming pool & walking track on the sun deck, a fitness room and a fleet of bicycles. Onboard Wellness Hosts help to keep guests moving.
- As a member of La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, an international association of gastronomy, exquisite regionally inspired cuisine and wine are presented in the main dining room and the intimate Chef’s Table.
- Choose from a menu of shore excursions. Here’s a taste of what’s on my Magical Christmas Market cruise itinerary: Durnstein Fortress hike, bratwurst & beer tasting, biking the Wachau Valley, and a Regensburg walking & Christmas market tour.
Is there any better way to kick-off the Christmas season than with an Old World exploration of culture and cities? Stay tuned for my post-trip review! –Rochelle, October 2018